The parts in brackets like [this] are what the pictures will show. This is how I plan out my picture books, I write them out like this in my notebook.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Cynthia was catching fireflies by herself in the summer twilight when she spotted one light that was different than the rest. It was more twinkly and sparkly looking, and it glowed faintly pink.
[Catching fireflies, pink light in background]
She slowly crept up behind it on silent feet.
[Sneaking up to where it landed on a blade of grass]
[Catching it in her jar]
She peeked inside...
[Peeking]
It was a fairy!
[Closeup of fairy in jar... soft pink dress made from the petals of a peonie, translucent green wings that look like leaves, tiny feet]
"Please," said the fairy in a voice like tiny golden bells. "Let me go and I'll give you anything you want!"
"I want to be a fairy like you." Cynthia said.
The fairy looked doubtful. "I can make you my size, with wings..."
Cynthia nodded enthusiastically.
[Series of pictures showing her shrinking and growing wings]
[Fairy flies out of the jar and down to where she is in the grass, fairy is holding a tiny jug made out of a seed]
"When you want to go back to your full size, you just have to get this jar from me and drink the potion that's inside."
She put the jug in a loop on her belt.
"I'm going back to camp. We're over by the lilac bush if you want to come. Oh, and watch out for pixies."
And she flew away.
Cynthia was alone.
"Pixies?" She thought.
[Cynthia alone in the tall grass]
After a few failed attempts, Cynthia became used to her new wings.
[Cynthia crashing in different ways, finally staying up]
Suddenly something cold and wet was touching her.
[Dog's nose touching her from behind]
[Cynthia turned around, looking at dog who is growling]
"Spot," She cried. "Hey, it's me, Cynthia!"
Spot growled at her.
So she decided to leave.
"Bye, Spot!"
[Flying fast and wobbly, looking over shoulder at Spot]
Cynthia forgot to look where she was going.
[Closeup of Cynthia's shocked face as she turns around right before hitting something]
[Falling from hitting the tree]
[On the ground, starting to sit up, dazed]
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
To be continued...
Friday, May 7, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Nice!
I like it so far! Am eager to read more! I would love to see your illustrations too sometime!
I am having so much fun with this, Jane.
~Blessings!
Grace
Love this, and would really like to see your illustrations too!
Post a Comment