Pages

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Sounds interesting. Just what is a picture book exactly?

Good question!
A picture book is a story that is supplemented by pictures. Usually it is full page pictures with a small amout of text at the bottom of the page, but there are all sorts of variations. You can use pictures done on computer program or by hand or actual photographs, or a mixture of different things. One of my favorite picture book authors, Lauren Child, uses hand drawn pictures mixed with photographs, which gives it a really cool effect.
Really the only requirements are that it has lots of pictures, and that it tells a story. The rest is up to you to decide.

~Jane~

2 comments:

Grace said...

Oooooo, I think that I will join! I was reluctant at first to make one, but now I am quite eager to do so!!! (I was the one who asked this question, by the way:).
Hope you are having a lovely evening, dear Jane!
Sisters in Christ,
Grace

-Bess- said...

I love Lauren Child's Charlie & Lola & there was this book about dream beds that she did that I love, too. When I was in college I would be the only one in the children's section that wasn't forced there by an assignment. So glad to find a fellow kindred spirit in this! =)
In Christian Love,
-Bess-
She [Lauren Child] has a cool site:
http://www.milkmonitor.com/main.htm
The Charlie & Lola site is fun, too:
http://www.charlieandlola.com/